Miss Grit with Datachoir @ Baby's All Right

Miss Grit


I was really excited for this show because I devoured Miss Grit's EPs, Impostor and Talk Talk, during the pandemic and had been impatiently waiting for a Brooklyn show ever since. G and I paused our move to the new apartment and made our way over to Baby's in Williamsburg where we got lucky and found parking just in front, but as I stood before the opener, Datachoir, I realized two things. One, I knew the lead singer, Cathy, from the annual pride parties at my friend Shirley's place, which was a nice surprise. And two, in the mess of our move, I had grabbed the telephoto lens for my 35mm film camera instead of my Sony E-mount, which was a bad surprise. Whoops! 

So I shot the whole show on my 35mm 1.8 prime lens using two filters: Glimmerglass 1 + Promist 1, which...gave me interesting results, most of which were not usable 😅


Datachoir



Datachoir


Datachoir


Datachoir


Margaret Sohn had a technical issue during the opening song, requiring them to troubleshoot their many pedals and cables. They did so with admirable poise, stopping to thank the audience here and there for our patience. I would have been a nervous wreck trying to figure out the problem under the gaze of a full room of people. It turned out to be the guitar itself and Cathy from Datachoir heroically lent her own so the show could go on. 


Miss Grit


Miss Grit

Miss Grit






Miss Grit

Miss Grit

Miss Grit

Miss Grit





Before the last song, they announced there were a few limited edition vinyls for sale at the merch table which solicited a burst of texts between G and I:


While grabbing the set list I met SuperKnova!

Thanks to him we scored one and Margaret was kind enough to sign it after the show. Here's the setlist!

Check out that smokey black vinyl!



SETLIST: 
Perfect Blue
Your Eyes Are Mine
Nothing's Wrong
Lain (phone clone)
Buffering
Follow the Cyborg
Follow the Cyborg (Korean)
Like You
The End
Syncing